Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Madeline

February 4th, my daughter’s special day,
And I am unfortunately far away.
What kind of gift should I buy,
That would capture my girl’s eye.


How then the solution came to me,
My daughter’s love of poetry.
Perhaps I could write an ode to thee.
But could I, being so such an anomoly?


For this is the problem you will note,
My literary skills are quit remote.
My views are often very obtuse,
And thus I sound much like Dr. Suess.


So here I am trying to ponder,
The best message to my girl over yonder.
When it comes to me, just to say,
I love you so, happy birthday!






Madeline and I climbed Diamond Head. She is 5.














Madeline in China at age 7.












Madeline, you are becoming a woman, but I will always remember you as the little girl in the pictures above.














Love ya!

Dad

4 comments:

  1. Maddy is such a lucky girl to have such a loving daddy!!!!

    Happy Birthday, Maddy!!!

    Love,
    Your cousins, Alyssa and Dylan :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet Dr. Suess! That was an awesome poem! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Maddy

    I'm glad daddy remembered to tell us....

    Rose and Gill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! so sweeeet mark! happy birthday dear madeline! how lucky to have a daddy who is such a poet and doesn't even know it!

    love the photos!

    ReplyDelete