Monday, February 15, 2010

okay

I have been a bit tardy in my blogging of late. Mainly this is due to communications being up and down. You all see the news and understand why this may be the case. Anyhow, I am very safe so don't fret.

Today we are doing post deployment health screens. All the Marines and Sailors in my unit has to do it. It takes about 30-60 minutes for each individual and each person has to see myself or my partner before it is considered complete. Talk about a headache. I guess I should not complain because the fact that we started them is a reminder that I will soon be home.

I fiished reading the State of Fear. Though it is a fiction book, it is heavily footnoted with actual articles. The author has some great comments in the back of the book that ring very true to me with our current obsession with global warming. I would recommend the read. The story is fun as well.

I also finished reading Left to Tell by Immaculee Ilibagiza. She survived the Rwanda holocaust by staying in a 4' x 2' bathroom with 7 other women for 3 months. It is a story about faith. Incredible story.

Will talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment