Friday, January 15, 2010

bucket list

So I got a copy of the movie The Bucket List. I have not yet watched it, but understand it to be a list of things one wants to do during their lifetime. I was in a particularly mundane meeting the other day and decided to make my own bucket list. Here are some things I would like to accomplish before I am too grey and arthritic. Top ten are:

1) Run a marathon – Planning on trying to do the Rock ‘n’ Roll marathon in 2010. Anyone want to join me?
2) Jump out of a perfectly good plane – I was going to do this on my 40th, but since I will be in Afghanistan I will push back a little bit. Again, if you want someone to jump out of a plane with, I am your man. As a side note, I actually had orders to jump school during medical school but they got pulled at the last minute for another group that was more in need. Bummer.
3) Bungee jump off bridge – Preferable in Australia.
4) Go to Australia – a) to accomplish #3 b) my dad always wanted to go to Australia and never had the chance c) it would be great trip for family
5) Go to Manchu Picchu – This is probably what I want to do most and would want to go within next 2-3 years. Anyone game?
6) Visit the Vatican – Of course would have to explore Italy at same time.
7) Go to Carnival in Rio de Janeiro – I just don’t know if Madis Gras in New Orleans would be enough.
8) See Christ the Redeemer statue – Hoping to parlay this with Carnival.
9) See the Pyramids of Egypt – Who wouldn’t?
10)I am leaving this slot open for now. There are some other places I would like to go (like Alaska and many places in Europe), there are other sites to see (like Mt Rushmore, Niagra Falls) or possibly trekking down to the bottom of Grand Canyon. Maybe I go wild and get a tattoo, I just don’t know yet. Any ideas?

My favorite quote of the week is from Vladamir Putin when he said ... “In addition to the global warming challenges, we need to address'global cooling' effects and to do so promptly,”. You got to wonder about some of the world's leaders.



Dug this picture up from my Okinawa days. I made this halloween costume from scratch. I spent entirely too much time and money in this project and this is the only picture I took of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment