Wednesday, January 27, 2010

one of those days

Last night I decided to put away my all too efficient sleeping bag. It has been very warm in our tent with the heater on all night and I was getting a little baked in the sleeping bag. So I got under my sheets and blanket and went to sleep. Only to awaken in the wee hours freezing. I tried to get comfortable, but kept waking up due to the chill on my head and feet. I then realized that I did not hear any sounds from the heater. It broke. The one night I decide to go without the sleeping and that is the night the heater breaks. So here is the dilemma; I had another hour before I had to awaken. Do I get in a fetal position and pull blanket over my head or do I get out of what little warmth I have, get sleeping bag, and get back into the rack in the dark without waking anyone? I pulled the wool over my eyes.

So then I am getting ready to go to mass and I am asked if I wanted to go across base to breakfast. The breakfast is a lot better where they were going and so I was tempted to put my oatmeal aside, ditch mass and go for the good chow. Alas, I decided to stay and go to mass....only to find out it was canceled 5 minutes prior. Arrgghhhh!

So I go back to the BAS and get on my e-mail. Well, I need to open up a file, but for some unknown reason my Adobe does not work anymore. So I have to forward the e-mail to another account so I can look up that separate e-mail on a completely different computer. I was able to thus open up the document, but for some other unknown reason the printer is no longer recognized on that computer. I just cannot win. I seem to recall a book I use to read to the kids about a kid that had a very weird day on a Wednesday. Well it is Wednesday today and that is the only explanation I have.

I guess I should stop blogging and get back to studying. I have my oral board for my FMF (fleet Marine force) pin tomorrow. I therefore have been doing eveything I can to procrastinate and avoid studying.

Hey thanks to the Custodio family for the 2 board games they sent to the BAS for us to play.


Despite my bad day, the sun still came up.

No comments:

Post a Comment