Sunday, March 7, 2010

pedicure

Many of you would say that getting a pedicure is not manly, and you're right. That being the case, I got a pedicure yesterday. There are few reasons why:
1) I have never had a pedicure before
2) There is very limited activities to do while in Manas, Kyrgystan
3) It was a bargain at $10
Let me take you through my experience. First I got my pleasant foot bath. After the clipping and trimming of my nails and cuticles she broke out this razor blade contraption. She grabs my foot and tells me to be steady. I give a quizical look? She explains that she is not intending to shave my toe hair (yeah I got some, so what?), but instead is planning on paring down the skin on the bottom of my foot. I asked if it was ticklish and is that why she wants me to be still so as to not cut me. She replies, yes it is ticklish and that she is not worried for my foot, but for cutting her hand if I were to withdraw my foot. Now that we scrapped away all the old tissue she takes out a paddle, she says emory, and proceeds to scrap away on the sole of my foot. At last she was done and the best part came. I got a foot rubdown with moisterizer. Now that made the whole experience right there.
I know you are all asking yourselves this question now. The answer is no. I did not get them painted.


You could start an IV on that foot!

4 comments:

  1. Manicure next? I cannot believe you are posting this on your site. Now you can join us at La Costa for our "spa days"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you,
    Now you and Gary can go have "Boys' Spa Dates". You've gotta try a facial mask now :-)

    Mark, we are so excited that you are coming home. We can't wait to see your wonderful smile and experience your incredible humor again. Diesel can't wait to smell all you nooks and cranies. He's been anxiously awaiting your arrival!!!! Gary said to start getting your liver exercised because you two are going to kill a nice bottle of tequila :-)!!

    Love,
    Familia Tucker

    Love,
    Familia Tucker :-)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bring on the mud packs and the hot rocks, the manicures and the pedicures, the massages and the aroma therapy, but I draw the line at waxings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg! i thought you go to war and you become a more manly man.... wha happened?

    ReplyDelete