Monday, March 8, 2010

pete's place

Here in Manas we are allowed to have 2 beers in a 24 hour period if our command is game. Well everyone is interested in having that cold one after 6 months in the desert. Problem is, how do you assure that everyone is safe and behaving. Well, you have the officers and staff NCOs do shifts in the pub to make sure everyone is good. So that is where I am this minute. The pictures I just published are already obsolete as about 30 military members just walked through the door. The music is blaring, the smoke arising and the beer is flowing. I can't wait until my 2 hour shift is done so I can partake.




2 comments:

  1. "Music is blaring" - you say? If I know you... and I think I do... you've already led every line dance possible. Macarena, Achy Breaky, Electric Slide... The Hustle? Go on with your bad self Uncle Mark! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually dancing seems to be forbidden in this place. I may have to do my Kevin Bacon impersonation and cut it loose, foot loose!

    ReplyDelete