Tuesday, September 15, 2009

First leg

Okay, soooo I am really tired after my recent journey halfway around the world. I left Camp Pendleton on Sunday morning, went to March Air Force Base by bus, hung out in a hangor all day before boarding a flight to Bangor Maine. We arrived in Bangor in wee hours of the morning (people there still to shake our hands). We then flew to Germany where we waited for a flight to Kyrgistan. I arrived in Kyrgistan on Tuesday afternoon. Currently I am 12 hours ahead of PST. I have attached a few pics for people to see.

Mike (other doc) and me at Camp Pendleton prior to launch
<------

Waiting in hangor at March AFB. Mmmmm MREs
<-------


Random soldier in Russian garb at airport in Manas. Could not resist taking picture with the man in the big green hat.

1 comment:

  1. I have heard a plenty horrible things about the situation in Afghanistan...they say it was terrible.

    ReplyDelete