Friday, December 11, 2009

cranes

Hey, I am back. It has been nearly impossible to blog lately due to extremely slow computers. Can you say 5 minutes to load a page! It still took about 20 minutes to load these pictures tonight and that was while I awaited the swirling Skype sign to try and contact the family back home (it is still trying to connect as we speak).

I am attaching some pictures and hopefully a short clip of these cranes out here that move around these huge containers. They can stack them or set them side by side with incredible precision. They are very wide across and when they travel on the roads it is intimidating (especially if they are traveling with a container in the air. I figured that the kids back home would be impressed.

I am finding that being in charge of a BAS is like running a high school or raising teenagers. Most of my corpsmen are not that far removed from school and they act the part for sure. I am having to see clicks, childish fights, possible romances, temper tantrums.... I guess it will prepare me for my kids one day. I really do not envy chief since it really is his bowl of wax to deal with. Now I know why so many chiefs drink and smoke....to deal with the stress of 'guiding' these young sailors.

I finished a Daniel Silva book ' the Assassin' and a David Baldacci book 'Stone Cold'. I like them both. I am now reading a 5000 year leap (great book so far) and the follow on to Stone Cold. I figure I will give Dean Koontz another try next since someone commented on past blog that I did not give him a fair shake.

Should I be concerned that Obama has a higher popularity rating in Europe than in the United States? I read that his below 50% rating at home is the lowest for any president 10 months into term.






Up up and away











Putting it back

No comments:

Post a Comment