Wednesday, December 23, 2009

frocking

The other day we had a frocking of a couple of our corpsmen. Frocking is a process where someone is promoted in rank such that they can wear the rank and have the responsibility, but they are not yet getting paid in their new rank. Basically, it is a way for the military to get more out of you and delay paying you for your work.

Last week the results came out for the corpsmen as to whether they made rank and 2 of my HM2s got selected to HM1. So we had a frocking ceremony (pic below). Just so you know, they no longer frock Navy officers so I am indeed getting paid as a Commander.

I finished reading David Baldacci’s ‘Divine Justice’. It was the sequel to the last book I read ‘Stone Cold’. I liked both books.

I am also reading 5000 year leap which I think should be required reading for all high school students. It is amazing what the intent of our founding fathers was and how it is being mis-interpreted in our current political process. I came across a proverbs 29:2 quote today ‘When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn’. A lot of mourning going on in the news these days.







Newly Frock HM1s











Who is that handsome devil in the middle?

1 comment:

  1. I always enjoy your posts, so informational! Merry Christmas to you and all the men and women of Camp Leatherneck!

    ReplyDelete