Sunday, December 27, 2009

I just finished reading the book ‘The 5000 Year Leap’ by Cleon Skousen. This is a book that I have been meaning to read for some time, but have put off because I thought that it was going to require a lot of mental energy. Instead, I found it to be a very insightful and educational page turner. Basically the author goes about explaining the constitution and the founding principles in America through the writings of our founders of this country…Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, Madison, Adams… It also goes through some of the primary sources for their thinking like John Locke and Cicero… I think that this is an essential resource because, let’s face it, we do not get any proper grounding in our history and our constitution in our current education system. I also fear that most of our politicians do not fully understand the intent of our constitution and through reading this book you will see that our country is going down the road that our founding fathers had warned us against. I highly recommend reading this book. I think that you will appreciate just how thoughtful our founding fathers were in setting up this country for success.

Below I posted some pictures that I have taken over the past few days. I have included the welcome sign to Camp Leatherneck which is currently going under a huge expansion in anticipation of future troops. I have a picture of a couple of Brits dressing up for the day after Christmas. This is called Boxing day (you can read about it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_Day). I have also included a picture of me in a beret I just secured from probably the only Filipino in the British armed forces. He is a nurse and the beret is an officer nurse corps beret.

Cheers





Either me a) mocking a sign b) heart broken that I am away from my love or c) dancing to achy breaky heart






Must see landmark in Afghanistan














Brits on Boxing day. They apparently had raced in this garb earlier in the day














Tucker...Mark Tucker

No comments:

Post a Comment