Monday, December 7, 2009

relaxing

I was caught napping last night when I was supposedly studying for my FMF pin (pic below). The flash woke me up (following pic). I have been doing a lot of reading, but not necessarily all medical or military related. There is just so much one can tolerate. I finished a Bill O’ Reily book yesterday ‘fresh bold piece of humanity’ I think the title was. I liked the book overall. It gave insight into his upbringing and life experiences that have molded his opinions and style of work. There were some funny stories. He is definitely an egomaniac, but I kind of knew that going into the book. I am now reading Daniel Silva’s ‘the mark of the assassin’, I will let you know.

I have been playing a lot of card games at night. A favorite is spades with the Marines. They like to trash talk a lot, but you know me, I will handle my own. Last night was a game called phase 10 which was entertaining. It is kind of like a combo of Uno and Gin Rummy. I won. I just felt like I had to tell you that :) The staff NCO’s (senior enlisted) will have PMEs or professional military education sessions at night (wink wink). That’s right, it is just poker. Unfortunately, I have not been able to convince enough officers to engage in this sort of extra-curricular education. Though, I hear that there is a poker game at the British hospital. I may have to set up a ‘symposium’ with them.

I am putting in a picture of a recent Marine injury. It may not be appropriate for minors due to particualr offensive finger gestures. Although, the Marine is not technically able to perform the aforementioned figure gestures (see below)

So, I see that the global warming extremists are on the defensive from the leaked e-mails showing that they were trying to suppress any science to dispel their claims. Now you have the few conservative voices in Hollywood trying to take away Al Gore’s Oscar for his documentary about the planet having a fever. Of course, the White House is trying to defend that there really is a global warming crisis so they can hammer through the cap and trade bill on CO2 emissions (errr big tax hike on the population for more wasteful government spending).

I will tell you one thing. No global warming here in Afghanistan. We don’t have any fevers (maybe chills). Looks like many places around the world are the same way. All I hear about is record snow falls.





Studying?














Waking up to a flash photo.














Which way is up?


















Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment