Thursday, October 15, 2009

celebs

So, today we had our first celebrities at our compound. I was a bit cynical when first hearing about this event. The celebs that were to come were Kelly Carlson (The Marine), DW Moffett (theater), DeAnna Pappas (Bachelor / Bachelorette), Greg Germann (Ally McBeal) and Vanessa Branch (Orbit gum girl). Since none of them were going to be performing for our entertainment, I figured that they were getting the most benefit from the appearance. Well, overall, I believe they were sincere in their intent. The Marines and Sailors seemed happy to see them and they stayed back to take pictures with the troops. So I give the experience a B+.
I did get a picture with the crew. When I went up and introduced myself, the women asked ‘sir, can we put our arms around you for the picture?’. My response…….’make my wife jealous’.
I also got a picture with DeAnna for two reasons. One, she was the only woman who did not look anorexic. Second, she knew my rank by my insignia because her father is a LCDR in the Navy.

I signed our BAS up on a site called AnySailor.com when we arrived. I received a box of goodies 2 weeks ago from a family in Northern CA. Today I received 9 boxes from 2 families in FL. Nice to know that there are people out there that try to do their part in making military members lives more bearable while away.








Really, who is the real star of this picture?









Probably broke her heart when I told her that I am not a bachelor!

4 comments:

  1. Greg Germann? Nice! I loved him in Friends With Money but even more in Talladega Nights. Did you drop the lines, "If you're not first, you're last!" or "I'm gonna come at you like a spider monkey!" ??? Anyway, we're enjoying your blog... especially the pix of people who hurt themselves. I find them to be quite the useful tools when I show my boys what happens when you don't listen to your Mommy. Effective parenting technique, no? We love you, are praying for you, and miss you LOTS! Love from your favorite sister-in-law named Cissy... ~Cissy :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Suddenly I don't feel bad for you anymore! Ask your "girlfriend" DeAnna to send you care packages from now on! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gee mark, way to make everyone feel sorry for you! looks like you're so sad in these photos :(
    hey, we love your blog! thank God for technology! it's so great that we can keep up with your shenanigans! take care of yourself and looking forward to your next post! xoxo, nanette

    ReplyDelete