Saturday, October 31, 2009

promotion

So today, November 1st, was my promotion day. It was unique in a couple of ways. 1) We are in a war zone in the middle of Afghanistan. 2) I was promoted by the Marine colonel CO of MWSS-372 who happens to be the only officer higher rank than I (actually same rank now, but he is more time in service and my CO). 3) Everyone in the States will get promoted on Monday the 2nd since it is the first workday of the month. I got promoted on Sunday the 1st because we work every day in the field.

Really, all the promotion means is that I stuck around long enough and I have started to get gray. However, there are a couple of advantages I would like to point out. First advantage is that I will get some extra income each month. I am sure that if I do not find use for this that my family will :) Second, the higher the rank the fewer people I have to salute! I am also just one rank away from getting those prime 0-6 parking spots at the commissary and the golf course. Have a belated Happy Halloween.

Mark Tucker
CDR MC USN










Pinning.















Oath.















Handshake.










Officers of MWSS in front of BAS.

5 comments:

  1. Waaaay to Go!!!! we salute you! picture the millard's standing side-by-side with a 'salute' to you mark! if we're standing by height, you'd see westin on the left (yes, he's officially taller than his dad now), then scott, then me (although with my standard 3-1/2 inch heels, we are probably the same height), and then allygirl next to me! :) congratulations! time for tootsie to celebrate with the girls! spa-getaway on your tab?!! heehee!! cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just a quick note to say Congratulations! sorry can't write much longer, the girls are in the car waiting for me. we are on our way to La Costa. nette says you generously offered to pay for the bill???!!! thanks!!!love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Extra income" you say??? Hhhmm... I think this is a GREAT time to inform you that we've had the orchard cleared out and are finalizing the construction plans to build a Granny Flat for GG, Grandma Ann, & Lola. Nothing says, "WELCOME HOME MARK!" than extended family living on your property. Tucker Compound... has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? Congratulations Mark!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's right, I neglected to mention that I have already spent the money on a very lengthy walk-about in Australia. I plan to leave in April directly from Afghanistan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Mark! Time flies, it seems like just yesterday when we were drinking in our honor in Oki. Love the blog!

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete