Sunday, October 18, 2009

technical difficulties

I waited in line for use of a computer and excitedly sat down to update my blog, but there seems to be some technical difficulties today. Thus, no pictures today. Felt like I should at least say hello. I will continue to bring you the news of the day here at Camp Barber in the middle of nowhere errrrr.....Afghanistan.

I was told by multiple sources that my 'feeling sorry for Mark' stock took a hit when I published the pictures with the celebs on last blog. Well at the risk of having my stock further plummet, I have new news. Apparently, we will have our evening meal provided by Outback Steakhouse. That being said, I would trade a steak for a good carne asada burrito anyday!

Yesterday we played a basketball game with the British engineers. They built this rec area with sand volleyball and a basketball court with a wood-like matting. It was fun hanging out with them, but their version of basketball is more towards rugby. I am a bit sore today. Maybe volleyball next time as there will at least be a net between us.


Thanks everyone for your continued encouragement. I enjoy hearing from you all. Nanette, you get bonus points for your use of the word shenanigans (and spelling it correctly at that).

No comments:

Post a Comment