Friday, October 23, 2009

smok'n

Hello again,
So I have had some requests on topics to talk about in the future...is there enough water there?....how do you do your laundry?.....what happens to all the trash? I will get to work on these questions.
For today, I will talk about the smoke pit. It is conveniently located just feet from the BAS door. Who in their right mind would put the smoking area next to a medical clinic is a mystery to me. Of course we also have the port-a-potties and the haircut shed next to us as well. Now my corpsmen claim that it is a benefit as they go and socialize with the Marine and British smokers to, you know, make sure that they are feeling okay. Are they dispensing advice about quitting smoking...no! No, they actually are smoking themselves (about 5 of them). Not exactly the message I want to be sending.
I thought that I would take a shot at the smoke pit for your enjoyment.

We have continued to get lots of packages from AnySailor.com. We have truely felt blessed at the supplies and support they have sent. I have decided to post a package of the week. This week's winner is a tie. I received 3 boxes (one shown below) from a federal credit union in Florida of pure M&Ms. We also received about 40 boxes of Girlscout cookies from a troop of 18 girls in Misssissippi (I had to sing that to spell it).









I could play James Dean or maybe John Wayne.













We have been bartering with our Girlscout cookies.











MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm.

2 comments:

  1. Mark, good to hear from you, i have neglected to follow closely, but I am with you bro. I love the telephone line photo... i sent it to my staff "...you think you got it tough..." great moment and memories of a previous life.

    Need anything specific... besides a"W" from the bolts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark, thought about sending you a CHIA OBAMA for the holidays but thought it might cause more grief than good. Like gill said let me know what you want/need to send. Do you think Tootsie would fit in a priority mail box? lol. Take care brother.

    ReplyDelete