Sunday, October 11, 2009

say what?

Hello all once again. So it is hard to get all the recent news over here since we get limited time on the computers and when we do get on them they take about 5 minutes to load a page. I did see one headline that I wanted to comment on….
What does Desmond Tutu, the Dalai Lama, and Mother Theresa have in common with Jimmy Carter, Al Gore and Barak Obama? They are all Nobel peace prize winners. That would be the only common thing they share! It is my opinion that the Nobel prize has lost a lot of its merit over the years and now serves more a political agenda than an honored award going to an exceptional human being.
Lets look at the latter three I listed. Jimmy Carter has does more harm every time he opens his mouth the past five years than he every did good to warrant the prize in the first place. Al Gore took questionable science (if you can call it that) on global warming and made a movie to earn his award. BTW, did I read that Colorado snowed out their baseball game this week….in early October! Now Obama is being applauded for his outreach to the Middle East….based on one speech?......or was it based on his bowing to the Saudi king?

Okay, okay, I know that at times I can get political, sorry. So for your picture of the day I have an image of one of the more popular Pringle flavors sold at the British exchange. Enjoy!
I will also include a picture of my trivia team, ‘The Bloody Yanks’. We participated in a charity trivia game with the British and Dane medical support. We were the only Americans there which was interesting on many fronts. First of all, not all the questions fully translate into terms an American may understand. Second, we were jested in a friendly fashion all night long. When we would verbalize a good score on a section, we were uniformly booed. When we did poorly we were cheered. I think that we would have been in serious danger had we won, but instead we finished in the middle of the pack. Cheers!









Yummy!













Yankees representing.

1 comment:

  1. I was waiting for you to here about this. Did you know the voting for the peace prize took place in February.

    ReplyDelete